Tuesday 23 February 2010

Introduction to My Betting Blog

Over the past year or so, I have started reading up on betting, especially on horses and football. I have never really gambled on this, apart from my £2 a week lottery ticket. I still haven't won a tenner on that yet! I've been visiting online forums, blogs and reading a variety of newsletters, and the Racing Post online, and finally decided to take the plunge earlier this month.

I saved up a relatively small amount of £500 and have decided that this will be my betting bank. In addition, I will be using a variety of sources to get my betting advice from. This will include both free and paid sources. The free sources include Racing Post, At The Races, Timeform, Sportinglife and Betting Zone.

My main concern is the betting bank and staking. I've been thinking of this, and whilst I don't expect to make thousands, I want to use the bank fully. I want to turn over at least £500 every month and if I can get about a 10% return on this, then I will be very happy. This means that I will be placing a lot of bets, but I will make sure that no bet is over a maximum 5% of the betting bank.

Since the beginning of February, I have staked £594.80 with a return of £656.28. Therefore making a profit of £61.48 so far for the month. From now on, I will also include my bets, odds taken and profit and loss figures over the course of the week

I really want to give this blogging thing a good go. I have read blogs where it seems like it helps. I am not trying to blow my own trumpet as people on other blog gamble enormous money like £100-£300 per bet! I am only trying to show my story - what happens or where I will end up, I don't know! I really hope some of you will join me, offer any advice and maybe meet some like minded people along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment